YARD WASTE PICK-UP starts April 1.
Additional Information from Waste Management
- Effective January 1, 2012, Waste Management can no longer accept listed electronic products for collection with municipal refuse
- Refuse and Recycling Guide for the Village of Elwood (PDF)
- Contact Information and Holiday Schedule (PDF)
- Recycle Right/Recycle Often- Plastic Bags are not recyclable from the curbside. https://youtu.be/dblkG5ZGj5Y
Waste Management At Your Door Special collectionWaste Management's At Your Door Special Collection is a service that makes it easy for residents to recycle and dispose of home-generated special materials.
These materials include:
- Paint Products
- Household Chemicals and Products
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Automotive Chemicals and Batteries
- Garden Chemicals
- Medical Supplies
Requests can be submitted one of three ways:
- Call Toll Free - (800) 449-7587
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brush pickup is available to residents at no cost once a month (April through October) the last Wednesday of the month. Brush pickup includes small bush and tree trimmings or debris from storm damage. No pick up will be made for large tree removal. Please bundle and stack the brush neatly on the parkway.
The Public Works Department does tree trimming on parkway trees at various times of the year.
Snow removal is provided by the Public Works Department on all Village owned streets and alleys. When a snow storm is forecasted, park cars in driveways and off of public streets so the Village snowplows can clean the streets curb to curb.